Sunday, June 24, 2007

Homemade Dog Toys

I would be remiss were I not to bring my crafty side together with my love of dogs.
Here are some ideas for making your own toys.

Always supervise your dog while they are chewing or playing.

Awesome braided fleece tug toy.

A friend of mine who is into fly ball uses these with her dogs (she makes them really long too).
They last a long time and are great fun.
You can also attach a Frisbee or tennis ball on the ends too, for added enjoyment.

Here's a similar toy made from dishtowels.

Tennis ball on a rope.


Great freebie ideas with paper towel rolls, empty plastic bottles, etc.
Here's even more ideas.

Evidently a sliced basketball filled with something that rolls around, makes a fun game.
Even if it's just kibble.
Here's an idea using a sliced tennis ball.

Ideas for what to stuff in a Kong toy.
I personally use a combination of biscuit pieces and peanut butter, then freeze the whole thing.
Ah, hours of loving attention!

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Mary lin Huskamp said...

Thanks for sharing. What good ideas.

8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Terrific ideas!

1:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those all look like fun ideas. I am sure that most dogs would love something like this, and what a great way to save money too! Pet toys can get so expensive sometimes.

9:33 AM  
Blogger meresy_g said...

What great ideas, and simple too. And inexpensive. I just love spending 6 or 7 dollars apiece on some dog toy only to find it in three days shredded to pieces. Thanks for the links.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

What great ideas! I think I'll tkae the guys old holey blankets and cut them into strips and make fleece pull toys. I never would have thought of that! :)thanks

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can also use towels instead of fleece. Just cut old towels into strips, braid, and tie!

7:15 PM  
Blogger Yarni Gras! said...

what great ideas......thanks for posting!

6:57 AM  
Anonymous biteem said...

This is a great idea. Thank you for sharing this with us. I like looking for fun ideas. My dog toys were bought from biteem but I like the idea of creating my own dog toys.

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home